Friday, May 21, 2010

memoirs of a pitbullero

back in 2003, it's still fresh on my memory the line from a friend to convince me on shifting from large breed dogs to pitbull.. "pare, mag pitbull ka na lang. hindi mo pag sisihan." after that day i thought that i should give it a try. after a few weeks, i bought my first pitbull pup. i named him spike. but unfortunately. he got hit by parvo virus. after 3 days he passed away. i felt sad cause of that incident. after a few weeks, i bought another pitbull pup and named her jamie. jamie showed me how different pitbull is among other breeds. jamie grew to be a fine bitch. jamie and i joined many dog shows. the most memorable one is in rizal where she won best female puppy. i bred her twice. but unfortunately i haven't seen any of her off springs. from then on i became an active member of Philippine Pitbull Club. i became the president of our chapter here in nueva ecija. i was lucky at that time coz i have dedicated members and mentors who supported me through the years. the pitbull scene at that time is in its highest peak. almost everyone owns a pitbull at that time. dog shows during those days get 30 to 40 entries per show. unlike now. dog show participants are not that many.

in the year 2007 my studies became my first priority. i layed low in the club. but i still browse the net from time to time to update on what is happening in the pitbull community. I'm a hypocrite if i didn't say that i haven't seen a dog fight. i was curious at that time on how this works. I've been to a convention twice. but i only watched the fights. and for me, it is so inhumane.

then in 2009, I decided to come back to the club. i talked to doc jay that i wanted to revive PPC - Nueva Ecija Chapter. I'm the only one that is active right now in our chapter. Doc jay asked me if I am willing to become an officer of PPC main. and I agreed. right now it is my second term as P.R.O. in PPC main. I know that I had shortcomings on the club but I try to make up on dog shows and by promoting the club.

through the year's that have passed. i always treasure the memories i had with ppc. ppc helped me development my personality and boost my confidence. i met new friends, and gained knowledge from the club.

I am a proud member of Philippine Pitbull Club...

No comments:

Post a Comment